As I sat singing (badly) along to Let it Go from Frozen (you know, the average Friday night) I got a notification from WordPress telling me someone had commented on my “About” page – which for some reason I though was a bit strange.. – so I checked it out to find that the wonderful Annabel A.K.A. Writinginpurpleink – whose website you can find here: https://writinginpurpleink.wordpress.com/ – had nominated me for a “One Lovely Blog Award” which made me squee with excitement turning my “Let it go” in to a “Let i- SQUEEEEEEEEE.”
I am always surprised when nominated for awards because the contents of my blog are so varied that I struggle to fit myself in to any category of blogging (if you know one please comment below! Would love to finally be able to say “I have a _____ Blog”)
So to begin with thank you so so so so so so so so much to the lovely Annabel (https://writinginpurpleink.wordpress.com/) for nominating me, I am so happy you think my blog is lovely. Would like to state now that I absolutely adore your short stories and would love to have an exchange of writing tips some time as I am currently plagued with the WORST writers block imaginable right now. In fact Annabel since being introduced to your blog I have become a bit of a fan! Am I blabbering? apologies, but you guys should check her blog out, it’s really good.
So here are the rules of this award:
You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
You must list the rules and display the award.
You must add 7 facts about yourself.
You must nominate 5-15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
So 7 facts which I assume have to be interesting? This is difficult for me as I am an exceptionally BORING person with interesting hobbies that fool people in to thinking I am awesome.
1. I can’t drive. In fact I am absolutely terrified of driving because I have witnessed a fair few accidents (all involving motorbikes and cars) which have scarred me for life and stopped me from ever having the desire to get behind that steering wheel.
2. My favourite actor is John Cusack – and probably always will be. His performances in High Fidelity and 1408 are my favourite because he drives both films and for a lot of both films it is just him by himself and I am yet to discover another actor who can keep my attention for an hour and a half with out me getting bored.
3. My favourite film (yes it always comes down to films on this blog) is one of these three: Coraline, Dracula (Bela Lugosi version) or Alice (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095715/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2). I am still not sure which one I like the most so for the moment they are all tied.
4. As far as books go my current favourite is “Us” By David Nicholls….who is also my favourite author. My old favourite was “Starter for ten” also by David Nicholls.
5. TV shows that I actually enjoy for more than two episodes are difficult to come by (particularly comedies) but my favourite TV show by an absolute landslide is Flight of the Conchords..as can be seen in my Twitter description.
6. Writing is only one of my passions, in fact I have many. Writing (both novels and for screen), Voice Acting, Radio Presenting, Camera Operator, director, producer, photographer, comedy acting, Disney Princes- too far?
7. Seven is my lucky number. (no jokes.)
The bloggers I nominate are (and these are picked for my own personal reasons):
I think I covered everything…did I?